Holy guacamole - today is already the last day of January!? We can hardly believe it. That means that Valentine's Day is 2 weeks from today. Are you ready?? Today we wanted to focus on some fun things to do with your girlfriends to celebrate. Whether you're single, your significant other is out of town, or it's just a good excuse to hang out with the girls, we've got ideas to make your evening fun!
1. Rom-Com movie marathon! Pick a few of your favorite Romantic Comedies and spend the evening hanging out in your pajamas, eating popcorn, and watching other people screw up their relationships before getting their happy endings!
2. Themed Potluck! There are so many possibilities here...a country/region, a movie (or movies, in general), a letter of the alphabet, aphrodisiacs, or foods that make you think of love", to name a few. One of our favorites is an appetizer party because who doesn't love to nibble on everything on the table?! I mean, it's all about showing the love on this special day, so go ahead and indulge in all those bite sized treats. Calories don't count on Valentine's Day!
3. Makeover night! Yes, we're still in middle school :-), but how much fun would it be to get together with your girlfriends and have that friend with the awesome hair show you how she curls it and the friend with the amazing smoky eyes show you how to do that yourself?
4. Wine Tasting with your besties! This sounds like a perfect way to enjoy the evening. Pick a color - white, red, or rose - and have everyone bring a bottle to share. If you want to make it a really educational evening, find a cute printable tasting card and have everyone take notes while tasting. But if you are anything like our friends, the educational part might go out the window as soon as you start rehashing some of those old loves, the lost loves, or the ones you would like to forget! Valentine's Day is on a weekday this year, so don't blame us if you call in sick the next day.
5. Craft night! Are you really surprised this made our list? We unabashedly love crafting and we've coerced, I mean convinced, our friends to join us on numerous occasions and even those who claim to have no crafty ability surprise themselves with their creations. If your get together is before February 14th, you could always make Valentine's Day cards for your family and friends, neighbors, a nearby assisted living facility, etc.!
What's your favorite Girls' Night In idea? Share in the comments below or drop us a line!
Erin & Sarah